Targeting local and metropolitan network applications, the Alcatel-Lucent 1662 SMC is a compact, cost-effective multiservice system offering operators the ability to deliver several different types of services in STM-1/4/16 applications. It features all standard PDH and SDH interfaces from 2 Mb/s to 2.5 Gb/s and a fully non-blocking matrix to address any network topology.
Additionally, Integrated Service Adapter (ISA) modules specifically designed for ATM or Packet Ring switching and Ethernet or Gigabit Ethernet transport through the optical network can be equipped as needed. The 1662 SMC is part of the Alcatel-Lucent Optical Multi-Service Node (OMSN) family.
- Optimized and cost-effective transport: efficient for traditional revenue generating voice and leased-line traffic, yet ready to serve the increasing Ethernet, ATM and IP services demand
- ISA plug-in-concept for easy service upgrade where and when needed, reducing time to market of new revenue-generating broadband data services
- Protection methods to guarantee reliability of services to customers
- Common building blocks concept of the Optical Multi-Service Nodes and Gateways (OMSN and OMSG) product family: unrestricted deployment of hardware items across systems, synergy in spares and spare management, easy repairs and reduced training requirements
- Reduced OPEX: simplified network operations and operators' staff training thanks to the Alcatel-Lucent unified network management system, which offers integrated end-to-end service management functions with the same look and feel for all Alcatel-Lucent's transmission products